ADVERTISEMENT

Polee's stats

mwingate

Sep 11, 2007
I'm noticing that Dwayne Polee's stats are slowing falling. Do you think this is due to teams scouting or just balancing out or something else?

MW, I feel like Polee came out guns ablazin and got off to a real hot start. From watching the games I still cant seem to be able to completely put together what type of game we can expect from the kid. First couple of games he seemed like a sharpshooter who could put up points in a hurry with that mid to long range jumper. Lately the Jumper has seemecd to cool down and I would like to seem him start to take it to the rack and maybe even work the ball to him on some off the ball action getting him going towards the basket. I think for right now its just a young kid finding his niche and i believe we can anticipate him falling somewhere inbetween the recent swings in his production. One thing that has been a constant in his game is his unbelievable athleticism. The kid is off the charts athletically. He covers a lot of ground as a "center fielder" in that zone which is essential and whenever he gets the ball in transitions its showtime.

One thing that does concern is his rebounding ability. Because he is so athletic he seems to have developed a bad habit of watching the ball off the glass and not putting a body on anybody because he could always just jump over everyone as a high school kid. Im sure this will improve with good coaching and once he really starts hitting the weights he will be just fine.

ADVERTISEMENT