ADVERTISEMENT

Harrison Suspended

robjdeluca

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2011
Just heard Harrison has been suspended for the year.

Lavin setting a good precedence by not putting up with bad behavior

I make a living studying human behavior. ..... And suspending Harrison for the rest of the season may increase any negative behavior. The anger and anxiety will build and that will take a toll on this young man. ...it is best for the program to work a way for him to seek a sports psychologist and implement smaller punishments. And much as some coaches and parent believe they are experts on reducing behavioral patterns by punishment, this is not always the best answer.

This kid is so talented, unfortunately he is a total punk also. Too bad he can't put what is best for the team above his own selfish needs.

so what exactly were the issues leading to the suspension Maurice? Can you fill us in? The timing is never good for anyone to be suspended for the year. This is a DAGGER for the Johnnies as they try to make the tournament. Reminds me when DJ Kennedy got hurt right before the tourney 2 years ago. They were hot and BAM, hit with injury.

Originally posted by djhorse85:
I make a living studying human behavior. ..... And suspending Harrison for the rest of the season may increase any negative behavior. The anger and anxiety will build and that will take a toll on this young man. ...it is best for the program to work a way for him to seek a sports psychologist and implement smaller punishments. And much as some coaches and parent believe they are experts on reducing behavioral patterns by punishment, this is not always the best answer.
I disagree, and what a Liberal view. To me your view is the problem today in society that has created a situation where we can't even punish our own children without DYFS getting involved, and Teachers can't discipline their students without being threatened to be sued by that same student.

Smaller punishments" have taken the fear away from those who continuously break the rules.

Different punishments work and don't work on different people. While lesser punishments could be tried, perhaps Lavin knew which punshment would be most effective for Harrison. We also don't know what may have been the consequence if he had played.

ADVERTISEMENT