ADVERTISEMENT

Amir Garrett

turbo95sir

Mar 8, 2005
Who else is impressed with this young man? Selfishly I was hoping he would stick with his commitment and qualify for spring because the johnnies desperately needed a body. but he is much more than someone to plug in and fill in. this says it all. when asked why he stuck with st. john's when he could have decommitted sampson and pelle, his response was"

"My mother always told me never quit," said Garrett. "I made a commitment to Coach Lavin, Coach Dunlap, the whole coaching staff. I said I was coming here so I couldn't break my commitment. When things get tough, you don't run away, you just grind it out. And that's what I did. I wasn't giving up on them like they weren't giving up on me."

that's what this team needs. guys who want to be here and understand what kind of privilege it is to play in MSG and for st. john's. so much respect for amir. remember he could have just said forget basketball, i'm playing baseball in the pros. his parents raised him right. no doubt about it.

Garrett should definitely add some much needed firepower to the Red Storm. It has been nothing but disappointment recently.

ADVERTISEMENT