ADVERTISEMENT

Wtf......

jjassey

Oct 15, 2010
Why is Sampson and pelle decomitting? Would they get on the court any faster this way? If the NCAA wouldn't clear them for st.johns then why would they for another school? Kind of messed up if they are leaving and they would've been cleared for the spring semester and messed up if they get cleared in the same amount of time by another school, knowing that st johns tried everything to get them in school. Pelle is a huge blow. Talk about a buzzkill after such great hope and excitement. These past 2 wks has put a huge damper to the hope that Lavin might've had this entire thing turnaround. The 3 commits being ineligible, Anderson going to UCLA, the big east crumbling apart.....what's next?

my reaction's exactly...what the?

didn't these kids sign LOIs? It's obvious that LOIs in basketball are much different than football, because how can a recruit just decommit because he doesn't qualify according to NCAA clearinghouse? i don't get it. pelle is saying that his recruitment is now wide open and SDSU with coach fisher is now in the spotlight? come on! wth is going on here?

no way these kids can play in the fall at any school, right?

I think the kid Pelle was just looking for an excuse to move closer to home..He is kidding himself if he thinks that he has a solid chance of winning an ncaa title at SDSU just cause skylar spencer is there. If all the pieces we have now stayed together (plus the recruits that recently bolted) we would be a national title contender easy and stronger than any school these kids are thinking about transfering too...I could see if these kids mentioned say kentucky, north carolina or duke...but SDSU?...smh
This post was edited on 11/21 1:03 AM by djhorse85

yeah i mean he can be closer to home, that's fine, but how is he going to play this year if he didn't get past the ncaa clearinghouse at st. john's? he's going to be in the same situation.

plus, i don't understand the LOI process. i mean these kids signed LOIs to come to st. john's. how can you just decommit? this is not a hardship issue, the recruits failed to academically qualify. how are they let out of their LOIs?

Apparently there seems to be a loophole with regard to ineligibility, enrollment and being about to opt out or stay in.

i would love to see this loophole b/c it seems like signing a LOI in college basketball means nothing! HUGE losses and the ineligibility issue seemed to probably sway Anderson too. Man, the Johnnies are going to be so thin and inexperienced next year...

Maurice, any word on Garrett? Is he just going to go pro baseball? Sign elsewhere too? Prep again?

From all reports, Garrett looks to be the most promising as far as returning. At least that what Papa Garrett says.

so now both garrett and pelle were at midnight madness and articles now saying that they may still come in the spring if all goes well. did things take a change for the better with pelle because it seemed like he was going to go elsewhere.

what are the chances these two actually qualify for spring? the johnnies could really use them...they are just so thin everywhere

Wish I could get inside these kids heads. They all want to go to a school where an NCAA chip is all bit guaranteed. While I can't blame them, some seem to have an aversion to hard work and actually participating in ones own future.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

sad, but i guess this is what college basketball has come to. although i do think that there is a pull for recruits to come to the garden still and play in the big east, although with all of the conference reshuffling, that landscape may all be changing.

ADVERTISEMENT