ADVERTISEMENT

what ever happened to....

jjassey

Oct 15, 2010
what happened to that remi barry dude that was deciding b/t the johnnies and arizona st last summer. was said that guy had nba potential, but never heard he signed anywhere.

good article in ny post, showing st.john's is NOT done recruiting for this year!
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/basketball/st_john_geared_up_for_possible_gift_P7S35w0mXO8eJqrjKTmu4O
i think i'd rather have god's gift. gotta love the name, plus he seems to be more ready already playing JUCO ball, and then you wouldn't tie up as many scholarships in 1 year vs spacing it out a little (like nurideen lindsay has 3 yrs remaining of eligibilty). there was talk of maybe getting both these guys. is that possible to have more than 12 scholarships. b/c with stith and polee coming back plus the incoming 9; i can't see there being room for more than 1.
what's the lineup going to be next yr. so many possibilities with the flexibility of the lineup. i think i would go with
pg-lindsay
sg-harrison
sf-polee
pf-harkless
c-pelle

2nd team
pg-phil greene (or he plays the 2 and harrison goes to point then)
sg-amir garrett
sf-dom pointer
pf-jakarr sampson
c-god's gift

and you still have stith and dwight mickiel rounding out the lineup. pretty f'n good. forget about the fab 5, we got the fab 10!!!!!
This post was edited on 4/17 11:16 PM by jjassey

yeah i can't find anything about remi barry, although he had some issues with NCAA clearance didn't he? so perhaps he's still stuck in NCAA limbo, i dunno.

i think you're right about the lineup although i hope stith plays a little more, perhaps not as a starter, but definitely as #2 pg off the bench. he's quick and has the experience versus the other 2. lindsay has played in juco and has some skill, so i don't see stith outplaying lindsay for starter.

ADVERTISEMENT