ADVERTISEMENT

What a way to go out

turbo95sir

Mar 8, 2005
getting annihilated by robert morris at home as the #1 seed. just WOW. was worried about robert morris to begin with, but this team came out absolutely flat. again, i will reiterate how poorly coached this team is. i don't care if you're disappointed you didn't make the big dance. you cannot come out at home in a post season tournament like this. same thing happened to them in the BE tourny against providence. coach lavin's record in one and done tournaments is WRETCHED.

emotional right now, but the way this team played tonight was reminiscent of how they played at the beginning of the year. no discipline, no defense and no intensity.

only positives from this game are that sanchez and bourgault got to play significant minutes in their last game. hit RESET

One of the worst defeats in the history of St. Johns and I've followed them for over 40 years. Embarrassing. It's time to start looking for a new coach. This team was unprepared for this game. Lavin is a good recruiter but not even an average coach. Teams with much less talent beat him often. That's the reason he is no longer at UCLA. He does not teach the fundamentals of the game. He belongs up in the booth where his "Gift of Gab" impresses some. It was a joke that he was trying to talk his way into the NCAA tourney.

I felt like they mailed it in. As weird as this may sound, it's as if they would rather mail it in and lose in the first round than to win and chance losing in the next round. This way they can always say, we could have won but we didn't wanna win. If they would've won in the first round, that logic wouldn't pass the smell test.

It was a definitely a bad way to end the season especially with recruits in the audience.

It was disappointing for sure. I am just wondering who are recruiting for next season?

I agree... It's a terrible way to go out... What an embarrassment, but a great teaching lesson. It's not about the five star recruits that are one and done. It's about learning from the mistakes and getting better. These guys let themselves down and especially the seniors. Lavin has some responsibility for sure and he knows it. But he had a good scheme, he doesn't shoot the shots or play the defense or shoot the free throws the players do. Adrian Payne was not a 5 start recruit at MSU and he was hurt this year, but he plays big in the Big Ten Championship and drops 41 yesterday. That is senior leadership.... He is not thinking NBA yet. He is graduating on time with a learning disability that it took him years to overcome. That's hard work and dedication.

These guys need to look at themselves in the mirror and evaluate themselves, stop with the goofy haircuts and looks and learn to make your free throws. If the all improved over the summer it will be a different 2015. Lavin can lead them there but they have to want it. Uninspired lack of interest play will not get you there. A little tough love goes a long way. Good luck to the graduating seniors.

Go Red Storm.

cuch i agree with everything you said, unfortunately as others have mentioned, these guys are not maturing and developing. they are doing the same thing as when they got here 2-3 years ago. no development in FT shooting, or low post moves or defensive intensity. i have seen no improvement at all over the years. that's on the coaching staff. i think losing dunlap to the NBA was a HUGE hit. the guy was an excellent X's and O's coach and did an admirable job when lavin went on medical leave. wonder if there's any way to get him back...

ADVERTISEMENT