ADVERTISEMENT

Underachieving again!!!!

turbo95sir

Mar 8, 2005
It's taken me a whole week to be able to post about this. Just in time for another HUGE game versus #8 Villanova. This seems to be the same story over and over and over again with Coach Lavin. Great recruiter, but has yet to demonstrate he can get his players to be cohesive and show improvement. How many times have we seen the Johnnies come out flat in the fist half, struggling on OFF and DEF to be down by huge amounts at the half? How about how no one can shoot a DAMN FT?!? How about no player development year after year?

I said it before the season started, no excuses for this year. So far this year is starting just like every other year in the Lavin era!

Agree, Lavin is a very good recruiter but is not a very good coach. He has not gotten his players to play together or understand the fundamentals of bb. Often less high profile players can beat SJU because they are better coached and know fundamentals, hit free throws, give and go, set picks, move without the ball, rebound, get assists and play more as a team. he needs a good game day asst coach. Same concerns when is was at UCLA.

exactly, only coach i know that calls a TO to stop the momentum of their own team when they are on a run. boggles the mind.

you also have a good point. player development has not been there since mike dunlap left. they need a good, solid x's and o's assistant.

ADVERTISEMENT