ADVERTISEMENT

Ugh. Tuff Loss vs Creighton

mwingate

Sep 11, 2007
I didn't like how giddy the Johnnies were during the time out after the game was tied. It looked like chaos as opposed to being focused on the next possession. Right after, McDermott hit that dreaded three-ball. Someone shouda been sticking to him like glue. Everybody knew he was gonna take the shot. Well, almost everybody.

agreed, it was a good game. there were not a lot of people who thought the johnnies could keep this one remotely close considering what creighton did to villanova just a few days prior. not only did st. john's keep it close, they almost won. but like maurice mentioned, too much sloppy play and offensive ineptness again that negated a GREAT defensive effort (johnnies forced the most TOs that creighton had all year). The defensive effort with the steals, blocked shots and negating basically everyone on the team except mcdermott was great. the offensive still looks lost out there especially in the half court mode. deangelo has to be more consistent and so does jakar. like i said before, this team goes as far as jakar can take them.

overall though, i thought they played them tough. agreed that they should have stuck to mcdermott like glue and made someone beat them. at times this team plays so lackadaisically, it's frustrating. again, i'll harp on the coaching again. there needs to be accountability for boneheaded plays (e.g., dom pointer's nearly flagrant foul in the backcourt) and coach lavin needs to bench someone. really needed this game to keep momentum going.

i will say this though, the team is playing WAY better recently than they have all year. hopefully it keeps up vs. marquette

ADVERTISEMENT