ADVERTISEMENT

There is something MAJOR wrong here....

jjassey

Oct 15, 2010
Something is REALLY wrong with this program. Lavin can recruit but is he recruiting the right people or is it himself that is not the right fit. After the constant transfers of this program, I'm thinking the latter. Why would Obekpa transfer when he had a golden opportunity of major playing time with no other front court players. Doesn't make sense. Seems like a stupid decision. All the promise from the end of the season towards next year if everyone would've returned, now flushed down the drain. I'm ill. Hate getting my hopes let down again from this program.

I am with you. I said the same thing about Max Hooper transferring. I can't believe what is going on. Why would Obekpa leave? He would not be drafted and where else could he go to get more playing time? He has the entire front court to himself and he decides to leave. If Rysheed J leaves than I can officially say the program is officially lost. If we can find a few players to replace the offensive production Sampson and Obekpa gave us, no big deal. Obekpa was a defensive presence and that can't be replaced. I still think we have enough offense returning next season barring no more players leaving to where we will be okay. However, we need some front court players and a quick. It appears the JC ranks have a few players, but getting them to play in New York will be the challenge.

Unless we get some high profile recruits coming in next year this program is dead with the returning players. Jordan is a rising star and Deangelo is very good although not very consistent.
We need more transparency as to what is occuring with the program. I feel the issue is Lavin. Not only this year but the past two he has lost key players. He is either not recruiting character types of players or is misleading them. He is not even an average coach but to be fair does recruit well. I htink its time to look for another coach. This past team did not show up to play in the 2nd half of the year.

ADVERTISEMENT