ADVERTISEMENT

St. John's in NCAA?

turbo95sir

Mar 8, 2005
16-9, 8-5 in the big east, 4 wins over top 15 opponents, #17 in rpi and #2 sos before tonight's win vs. marquette. if they beat bottom dwellers depaul and usf, that would give the johnnies 10 wins in the big east. that's got to be enough to get them into march madness no matter what happens in the big east tournament!
This post was edited on 2/15 11:42 PM by turbo95sir

You guys are doing great and it's good to see you step up as one of the better teams in the BE. At this point in time, I think you're one of the top 4 or 5 teams in the BE. All I know is that we're going to have our hands full playing you at MSG on Saturday. This will be our toughest test of the season. I know we already beat everyone else except for that nagging little gnat team ND. But you guys are getting into your stride just in time for the BET. And there's no doubt you'll be an NCAA team.

I hope my Pitt Panthers beat you on Saturday, of course. But good luck the rest of the year and in the tournaments.

first of all, fran, great article. very insightful and by and large, i agree with what you wrote, except that i am not sure the johnnies are in the big dance just yet. they definitely need to beat depaul and usf. even if they lose to pitt and nova, i would say they still need to beat seton hall, which is not an easy feat since the hall are playing teams well recently and it's an away game. this will either put them at 18-12 (10-8 in the big east) or 19-11 (11-7) going into the BE tourney.

i think 19-11 puts them in, even if they lose in the first round, but 18-12, i would say they need to win one in the BE tourney to guarantee a spot. i know that their rpi and sos are awesome, but 12 losses? i dunno, that worries me

I think that St John's makes the tourney by a foot out of bounds.....pathetic....

pierre, how is that pathetic? it was a great athletic move and even if hardy's foot was out or not, how does that mean that st. john's doesn't make the tourney? both teams played their hearts out today and honestly it shouldn't have even come down to that last play as the johnnies should have won by more. great game to watch

Originally posted by mshawrty:
After We Beat You Guys. Bubble For You At 17 In 10.

nice win yesterday mshawrty...oh wait, villanova got their arses handed to them at home on national tv. 17-10? try 19-9 and one of the hottest teams in college basketball. nice prediction

ADVERTISEMENT