ADVERTISEMENT

Rounding out the Class...

X21

Jan 5, 2005
Great to hear that we are in great shape with Garret and Lindsay! That said, I have a few questions about who will fill out this class moving forward.

In terms of local talent, I am a huge fan of Kelvin Amayo. I have seen him play in person and I have watched him on film and he looks like the real deal. Not sure why he isn't rated higher but he has the makings of a future pro, in my opinion. Is Lavin going after him and if so, what are the chances of him being part of this class? I'm also curious about Joey Dela Rosa, who I know nothing about. At the very least, it seems that he would provide good size and depth on the interior.

The recruit that I would love to be part of this class more than any other is Norvelle Pelle. He absolutely dominated in camps and we are thin up front. What are the chances Lavin can pull this off? What about Quinn Cook?

Lastly, I am curious about what JUCO guys Lavin has on his radar. I would imagine that he would want to balance his class out with a couple Juco kids so as to not have 10 freshman but I have not heard of many names being mention. Who is on the radar, particularly what big men?

Thanks in advance...

Yo whats up x21. I remember you from the canesport board. Ahhh at least our fav basketball team is looking up haha jk. Im a student at st johns and although im not an insider I do spend a lot of time on several boards and know some things. Of those listed many feel confident of lindsey and garrett, some even referring to them as locks. Unofortunately lindsey today said he is down to four (all of whom have offered)and kentucky was listed along with oklahoma state, auburn and the johnnies. I never feel comfortable about a recruit when calipari is involved but even sean evans seems to be very confident we land nuri. Aas for Amir he is down to us and oregon with even most oregon people saying he is headed to queens.

There must be interest from both parties regarding kelvin amayo because he was reportedly at the tip-off last night (which was absolutely sick btw!). Dont know much about de la rosa besides that he has only been mentioned in passing and might be a plan B kind of kid.

By all accounts we are very much in it for norvelle who is also at the top of my wish list. Good news with him is that he did not make the trip to late night at the phog as kansas is apprently trying to make a push for his services. Trust me though he is high on Lav's wish list as well, I believe he was one of the stops on Lav's whirlwind recruiting tour.

I believe we are pretty much out of the quinn cook sweepstakes. Duke reportedly offered and he is in love with that school.

God's Gift Achiuwa is a perfect name for your last question. A big man from Erie Community College. We have been showing a lot of love to the big fella and many are very confident he will be one of the juco's we bring in to help spread out the ships.

Tyler Harris, Tobias Harris' younger brother, is also another viable option we seem to be interested in. Our biggest competition for him may be providence college where I believe he went to midnight madness.

Dom Pointer is another swingman and a great defender who we are very interested in. Recently he trimmed his list to us and michigan with the slight edge possibly to U-M because his dad is really pushing the wolverines.

Hopefully this answers most of your questions, im sure there are many more names I am either forgetting or unaware as we have so many more ships available. Im sure Coach has something up his sleeve. So excited about the state of this program and where we are headed under Coach. Sorry about the punctuation and grammer haha I was in a little bit of a hurry typing this.

No pain, whats up! Thanks for the info, very much appreciated. I am on Cane sabbatical until they fire Randy Shannon, lol.

I hope Lindsay signs on. Even if Calipari is on him, he has to figure he won't get much PT in KU with them having signed Teague. He can come to SJU and pretty much run the show.

I'll look up God's Gift, lol....with a name like that, you cant go wrong!

You got it my man. Phil Greene is another name, a guard that could add some good depth. Agreed on the canes. I cant even watch anymore its too frustrating. At least we got the Johnnies, although this year may be a little frustrating with such high expectations and soo much experience but our future is sooo bright. You catch any of midnight madness on espnu? It was a great time. Polee looked better than any freshman weve seen in a while. We're gonna be dangerous. Envy our past, Fear our future

ADVERTISEMENT