ADVERTISEMENT

referees

turbo95sir

Mar 8, 2005
in a game that had so much on the line for both teams, you hate to see the refs decide the outcome. this was CLEARLY the case in today's game. I don't want to take anything away from the friars, but the refs totally SCREWED the johnnies today and were responsible for the outcome of the game. st. john's got NO calls while providence got ALL the calls. Despite all of the bad calls all game, it came down to the no call on Harrison's 3-pointer. that would have tied the game, but instead the johnnies were force to foul and that was the game. TOTAL and UTTER BS!!!!

If the Johnnies would have played all game long with the same urgency that they did in the last five minutes, the refereeing good or bad would have been a non-factor. I can never understand how players come out flat to for game that they've waited to play in their entire lives. I could understand over-hyped, but flat? I'd be down right giddy.

I agree completely, but nonetheless I always remember something my coach always told me "Its easier to ignore a bad call when your in the lead, so get there and stay there". I feel like we let the lead get to large (staggering considering we were ahead by seven). Fortune had the best game of his career but honestly after the second three they should have been close enough to kiss him the rest of the way, but instead they chose to go to a zone and he licked his chops and sunk another one. As frustrating as it is to watch the johnnies lose this game in the Garden, I have to admit that if this did not happen in the BE tournament it would have happened in in the Big Dance. They play with a lot of intensity, but many of the the players are an offensive liability both with talent level but mainly confidence. I am sick and tired of seeing Branch, Greene, and Pointer turn down open jump shots when a defender is 2 to 3 feet away. They have been in college for a while with no improvement in that area! Guards and forwards that are too timid to take a open jumpshot; I do not get it, the freshman Jordan has more confidence than all three. Confidence comes after you put in the hard work. If they take at least 500 shots 4 to 5 days a week in the summer they are guaranteed improved at least slightly. The work needs to be put in before next season.....That's right I am looking toward next season.

ADVERTISEMENT