ADVERTISEMENT

Obekpa

turbo95sir

Mar 8, 2005
When is he supposed to make his decision? Is St. John's still in the running? Thoughts here?

Last I heard he was favored to go to Cincinnati. He is still planning to visit oregon though and i'm not sure if that's been scheduled yet so he'll probably push his decision as long as he can. I think St. John's would like to get Michael Chandler, if Obekpa passes on them, over anyone else as he said he wants to go to st. john's and is probably the most talented recruit interested but he has to get his grades together to qualify.
This post was edited on 5/1 6:03 PM by wkehoe10

cincy eh? looks like mick cronin is cleaning up in recruiting recently if he can get obeka. chandler would be nice too, but i'm not sure he qualifies.

Yeah, i don't think chandler will qualify either. With nolan going to uconn and turner going to smu, that basically leaves lavin with either obekpa or justin raffington. Unless there is something under the radar which no one has heard about, which really wouldn't surprise me

yeah i'm still really high on obeokpa and i hope he opts to goto school with his teammate balamou. that would be sweet. while jakarr is 6'8 he really doesn't have the built to ball down low in the big east. even gift had issues last year and he is much bigger than sampson. i see jakarr as more of a moe harkless type. btw, has anyone heard of what happened to norvel pelle? did he sign with fisher's sdsu team?

maurice, you called it! in fact, you everything you said in another post about recruiting predictions came true! you are the TRUE insider! very excited about this class! i hate to bring it up, but is there a chance that anyone doesn't qualify like last year?

That's always a possibility. Jakarr and Wood actually worked on their academics and quite a few are from JUCO situations. Overall it's looking pretty good. I'm hoping Obekpa has his stuff together. That's really about it as far as I am concerned.

ADVERTISEMENT