ADVERTISEMENT

Next head coach......

jjassey

Oct 15, 2010
I would love to see as the next head coach.............Bobby Hurley!! Local kid who might finally be able to have the Johnnies keep their own backyard recruits. I wouldn't even mind Tim Cluess from Iona, another local guy that knows how to build a program. I'll be the first to say how excited I was when lavin took over and that first year was amazing, with making the tourney and his first recruiting class was awesome. It's been obvious the past few years since Dunlap left that Lavin needs an X and O guy helping him. And it's shameful the amount of recruits that have had academic issues. Too many high risk recruits, which he has never learned. Even the transfers, Dwayne Polee, Nurideen Lindsey....something is very telling that these talented guys wanted to leave. I think it's time for a change. After losing out on Briscoe, we are destined for another decade of irrevalence. Thank you Coach Lav for an exciting first year but giving us hope that came crashing down time after time again. I'm really thinking I will never see the johnnies back in the final four, and I'm only 36. Sorry sounding defeated and bitter, but this Briscoe tease might be the last straw for me.

Forgot about one more huge name that should be at the top of this list.....Mark Jackson!

I concur, my stomach is turning as well. We will probably having a winning season this year but I dont expect anything stellar; its only downhill after this season. Coach lavin tried but failed so far, its time to give another a coach a chance. Mark Jackson will be able to keep guys home and recruit abroad just from his prestige alone. Not sure if he wants the job, but having one of our own would be a great get.

look at my previous thread from last year. i have been campaigning for mark jackson since he got fired from golden state. biggest alum name outside of chris mullin. and he proved that he can coach with a VERY successful stint in the pros. recruits would flock to him!

BTW, screw bobby hurley! are you kidding me? he's a former dookie. i don't want him anywhere near this program

I just thought about Tiny Morton and Tim Cluess as a possible candidates. I like the job Seton Hall is doing this year. I believe that one or two years as an assistant to learn the full admistrative aspect of division 1 ball is good for him but after that I think he would be ready to Coach at this University. He is well respected and well known here in NYC. The last NYC high school legend that entered DIV 1 was Tim Cluess (coached a few years D2 first) over at Iona and that turned out to be the best coaching decision for that University aside from that Tim Cluess also played for St.Johns; Both men are exceptional coaches, proven winners, and maintain New York prestige.
This post was edited on 1/22 12:56 AM by djhorse85

ADVERTISEMENT