ADVERTISEMENT

New Coach

JoeP

Jul 28, 2001
Not sure who updates this board but any updates with regard to a search for a new coach and the status of the two recruits who ave verbally commited? Has anyone from the Athectic Deartment raeched out to them.

i'm not that hot about it either to tell you the truth, but the decision is made and remember st. john's isn't what it use to be bak in the hay day of the big east. there have been plenty of former players with no coaching experience when hired like wichita st. and ISU who have come home and done well. he'll just need to surround himself with the right people. this hire can't be that surprising though. every time you saw coach carnesecca this year, chris mullin was always right next to him!

True but I'm tired of be patient esp with the coaches we have had since Jarvis. Mullen needs to get a good staff around him including a good x/O's guy. Rumor is that he's bringing the Iowa st assist coach who is a stud recruiter to queens with him. He's the coach that's made a big difference with the cyclones recruiting. Just scares me that Mullen has no experience. I'm hoping in 2 years I can say I was wrong. Go storm

Hopefully he has a helluva coaching staff behind him. Steve Kerr has set the new precedent of No Experience Necessary.

You can't compare Steve Kerr and Mullen. Kerr is the head coach but players in the nba coach themselves esp when it's game time. Mullen has to recruit, teach players the college game, deal with student at heels and deal with the NCAA. A dog could coach the warriors and they would still be the team to beat in the nba. Mullen has a lot of work to do. I just hope in 2-3 years I can come on here and say I was wrong about him.

it's a done deal, so i'm all in. gotta support coach mullin and my red storm. let's go johnnies!

ADVERTISEMENT