ADVERTISEMENT

MoMo Jones

turbo95sir

Mar 8, 2005
is leaving Arizona to be closer to home. he's listed as being from harlem, so any chance on the johnnies picking him up? he started for the wildcats this year as their pg, so could bring some stability to a very young core coming in next year.

i wouldn't think anything with regards to thomas. depth is always good so whether or not momo or ryan harrow come, having number of guys who can handle the rock never hurts

This may have an effect on whether or not Kyle Anderson decide to come to the Red Storm or not.

yeah the kyle anderson angle is an interesting one. someone with that size playing the point would sure make for tons of mismatches. think magic or jalen...kinda a point-forward role. it seems like kyle is interested in the johnnies so having another pg transfer in could definitely affect his decision.

however, i was a bit confused about the schwartz article. seems like purely speculation at this point whether or not jones is actually even interested in the johnnies or vice versa. seems like the article was really unnecessary at this point considering nothing public has been printed. i guess i just feel uneasy about laying out pros and cons when a situation hasn't yet occurred. wouldn't want to put anything into kyle's head b/c that would be a BIG get for the johnnies

guess ncaa bylaw 11.4.2 puts an end to the momo to st. john's rumors. looks like nono on momo

Originally posted by jjassey:
why? what does the article say?

excerpt from the article:

NCAA Bylaw 11.4.2 states:

"In men's basketball, during a two-year period before a prospective student-athlete's anticipated enrollment and a two-year period after the prospective student-athlete's actual enrollment, an institution shall not employ (or enter into a contract for future employment with) an individual associated with the prospective student-athlete in any athletics department non-coaching staff position."
Additionally the bylaw says, "If an institution hires an IAWP [individual associated with a prospect] for a non-coaching staff position within two years on either side of enrollment, involved S/A will be permanently ineligible for competition at offending institution."

full article

NCAA and MoMo

ADVERTISEMENT