ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Chandler

nycnjhoops

Jul 2, 2002
I do not have any inside information, only what I read on the Internet.

But Michael Chandler is a 6-10, 225 pound senior center who is currently Rivals' highest rated unsigned (committed, but not signed) in his class. He is rated # 47 on Rivals and # 51 on ESPN and has the kind of bulk lacking in our current commits. Last year he committed and decommitted first to Louisville and then to Xavier. On January first of this year (his New Years resolution?) he committed to the University of Central Florida from Conference USA over the Red Storm and others. At the time UCF was 13-0, ranked #19 in the AP Poll. Since then they have gone 5 and 9 and are ranked as the #81 team in the current College Basketball Rankings Comparison (http://www.masseyratings.com/cb/compare.htm).

By contrast on 1/1/11 St Johns was 8-4 including losses to Fordham and St. Bonaventure and were ranked # 54 in the CBRC. Now they are 19-10 and ranked within the Top 20.

For all I know the Johnnies' coaching staff is no longer talking to Chandler. Or maybe Michael has promised his family to stick by this commitment. Or maybe he be too embarrassed to consider switching again. But I'll keep dreaming and wait until the April letters of intent.

interesting...the johnnies have a pretty full class and not sure if they even have a scholly left to offer, do they? 10 seniors, but only 9 are scholarship player, plus kevin clarke.

ADVERTISEMENT