ADVERTISEMENT

Max Hooper

biglaboy

Jan 15, 2005
Did I just read on another website Max Hooper was given permission to transfer. Wow, you talk about a ship that is sinking quickly. J Sampson is going to declare for the NBA draft (mistake) and now Max Hooper may leave. Unless Steve Lavin has a trick up his sleeve that we have not figured out, next year may be a disaster. I hope and pray Rysheed Jordan stays for his sophomore season. He's our only hope in luring top recruits to come to St. John's. Steve Lavin has a short turn around to recruit. I've checked Juco basketball sights, and it is pretty anemic. Im really starting to wonder what Steve Lavin is going to do in terms of recruiting. The way I see it, the program is in murky waters and it's getting murkier.

I was never a fan of him, more of a mid- major guy. He's only a spot up shooter , not athletic and is liability on defense. Hopefully we land Delarosa , a juco big man and briscoe would be a huge get. Briscoe, Jordan and Harrison on the floor togeather would be a very good guard combo. Christian jones redshirted this year also. Hes a 6-6 bruiser , kinda like what glover was for us years ago. But I agree, next year could get ugly if we don't get those recruits.

wow this is nuts. lavin can't keep anyone on this team! this has to be a record on the # of transfers under one coach. and remember hooper was a transfer here from harvard. with bourgault gone with graduation, we now officially have no one who can stretch the D. this does seem like a sinking ship. maybe that last loss to robert morris really shook this program up BIG TIME

ADVERTISEMENT