ADVERTISEMENT

loss to Wisconsin

djhorse85

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2010
If this team does not go to the big dance this year it would be a major disappointment. There is no excuse, there is too much talent here coupled with some experience. So far coach Lavin has an A grade for recruiting, and C grade for coaching. I am extremely disappointed with tonights loss vs wisconsin.....my stomach hurts...our team surpassed them in talent but trailed almost the entire game Bo Ryan's team displayed more discipline and continuity. The execution looked fluid and not forced like our redstorm....again... just disappointed

I think this was a hick-up. The result of the next will be a change in direction as opposed to a trend.

I really wanted to wait before posting, but I agree with you 100% DJ. Lavin is an A recruiter but has yet to show that he has a knack for coaching. this was his knock at UCLA. he had first round/lottery type talent, but the Bruins couldn't. I want to see how they do in a watered down Big East. No Cuse, no UConn, no Louisville, no Cincy.

Regarding last night's game...the defensive effort wasn't there in the first half. Badgers were WIDE open for 3's all night long. discipline is key and so far this team hasn't demonstrated it under lavin. I know it's a knee jerk reaction but this is not a good way to open the season. They came out totally flat in the first half. Played much better in the second half and hung with Wisconsin. As stated, this team is loaded with talent and depth is no longer an issue. Size shouldn't be an issue with Achuiwa, Obekpa and Sanchez. We have a top rated PG now. Just need to coach these kids up and I can see good things.

One thing I never understood is how players not get up for a game or give maximum effort while doing their dream job.

Originally posted by mwingate:
One thing I never understood is how players not get up for a game or give maximum effort while doing their dream job.me neither Maurice...

ADVERTISEMENT