ADVERTISEMENT

Jakarr Sampson: Best of the best!!!!

spfranck

Dec 12, 2005
Late last Saturdy night I found myself in a coffee shop near Akron, Ohio and came upon Jakarr and his brother home for the holidays after the game against YSU. They were getting drinks for their family waiting in the car.

I saw his St. John's jacket and struck up a conversation with Jakarr, his brother, my friend and her son and her son's pal...both age 13.

Let me tell you this...if there were ever a college athlete you would want your kids to meet and talk to and model themselves after, Jakarr is the one. Humble, smart, loving brother and all around kind hearted person who also happens to bring it on the floor.

Can't say enough good things about him....we ended up spending about 10 minutes with he and his brother...

I am an Ohio State & Pitt fan....add St. John's and Jakarr to that list!

Merry Christmas!

You're spot on with your feeling about JaKarr. He is a really great person with a sunshine personality that can warm and light up a room. JaKarr seems to believe in the idea of "family" with his teammates, coaching staff and even fans! Can't say enough good things about JaKarr Sampson. His energy is evident on the floor, too! High-octane 6-8 with so much athleticism! He even has a soft, buttery touch from midrange. I really like his game! Even when he doesn't have a dominant game, he owns up, vows to do better and bounces back in the next game. Coach Lav recruited some great guys on and off the court... Although having their own personal stories, they are all rising above and growing up right before our eyes. Every player on St. John's is a great kid!

ADVERTISEMENT