ADVERTISEMENT

Is it too late?

mwingate

Sep 11, 2007
Do you think the Johnnies have dug a grave too deep to save this season? If not, how many more shovels of dirty can they stand?

I do not think so. The grave is not too deep, but we obviously need an effective win streak, the committee will acknowledge the improvement in the second half of the season if we advance well in the BE tourney as well. I believe that the coach may entertain tweaking the player rotation (hopefully). Having the right players on the court at the right time. The minutes for Hooper and branch really need to be limited. I truly believe that we go too far down the bench at times. I really like when Sampson, Harrison, Jordan, and Sanchez are on the floor together it is rare that you actually see this rotation.

This post was edited on 1/23 7:18 PM by djhorse85

This post was edited on 1/23 8:36 PM by djhorse85

Disagree, the team has put itself in a huge whole that's too deep to climb out of. To get in the Big Tourney they need to win the Big East title game. That's the only way. There are too many winning teams out there that have much better records and will come the end of the year. The article by Ravi Rozier is a joke. If he thinks Max Hooper is the answer just look how ineffective he has been as a 3 pt shooter. He certainly is a defensive liability. Hopefully the Redman can make a lesser tourney. Major disappointment this year.

it's not too late, but it's gotta start tonight. one win at a time and move from there. remember guys, they are 0-5 in the BE! a much more diluted BE.

it's not off to a good start though!

I admit that i was wrong about Branch, he showed me something tonight. In fact, if this play is consistent, I believe he definitely should play more minutes than he is playing now.

It looks like there's a ray of hope with a heart attack win against SHU.

i'll take it! one at a time. now they need to string together some wins an gain some confidence. i noticed some lineup changes as well as hooper didn't play at all. hopefully jakar comes out of his slump after this game too. but they really need to learn to hold on to leads...it's just too stressful

Season ticket holder for first time but followed St. Johns since the Mullin years. Branch did play well and seems less indecisive than past games. Sanchez to me is a key - consistent play from him will make a difference. They started to fall back on Thursday when he left the game with the third foul. I love the way Harrison is taking the ball to the hop but he falls backwards on most three pointers - affecting his shot?

Is there hope - we need to keep believing and Sir Dom keeps playing with abandon. We need to believe the same abandon!!

couldn't watch it due to network restrictions where i live. i'm impressed though with this team going on the road and taking it to butler. i know it's not the same butler team of years past, but still. hostile territory and total domination. now the REALLY tough task of taking on creighton on tuesday. here's hoping for 3 in a row! remember, one game at a time!

ADVERTISEMENT