ADVERTISEMENT

God's Redshirting?

mwingate

Sep 11, 2007
God's Gift Achiuwa did not suit up for St. John's season opener. Rumors are that he will be red shirting. The speculation as to why are interesting. To be discussed late

I like the idea as insurance for next year in case sampson or obekpa maybe go pro and, depending on his eligibility ruling, sanchez may only have 1 year. I also read or heard somewhere that it would allow's God's Gift to obtain his Master's degree. I would say a win win for everyone with our "depth" at that position. Who's knows though, we will see

i don't like it. he's the only returning big man left from last year that ran lavin's gameplay. the idea that sampson and obepka go pro is pretty insane to me right now, considering they haven't played a single game. the drafting of harkless so early was great for him for, but detrimental to the program as guys may be starting to have pipe dreams when agents start whispering into their ears. remember harkless was BE rookie of the year and got drafted #14 overall. many guys get bad advice and go totally undrafted and screw up their careers.

we discussed in an earlier thread that you can't have too many big men in the big east. if he plays, he gives the storm experience and depth in a long and hard season, especially when you go through the big east gauntlet. he leaves then lavin can recruit another big man. that's how it works!

ADVERTISEMENT