ADVERTISEMENT

Georgetown loss x2

djhorse85

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2010
Ok that BS 23zone did not work last game. ......... so we run it the whole game until the 2min mark this one, they murdered our 23 set...and we seemed helpless against their 23 zone..........and marco should def get more playing time. ......I am disgusted that I had to watch this game in dc verizon center smh

This post was edited on 2/2 8:16 PM by djhorse85

This post was edited on 2/2 10:11 PM by djhorse85

i didn't see it and couldn't find it on espn3, so i have no idea what happened except for the final score. seems like the hoyas have our number though as we have not been able to beat them the last few times out.

Georgetown continues to plague the Johnnies. D'Angelo was off. Marco gave us a lift but hey....those kids have been playing their butts off lately with 5 straight.

@mwingate I agree the kids always play hard. I just believe if a defense is not working against a particular team we should should switch it up. You know the defintion of insanity. I live in DC (unfortunately I had to watch the game with some of the most disrespectful fans) so when I first posted I was a little ticked off watching our guys lose live.

The Hoyas are big and strong and they can hit open shots consistently from the perimeter...so against that zone Georgetown just kept moving the ball on the perimeter until they got an open shot (and they had many) if they did not make the shot Lubick would get weak side rebounds easily especially on stong zone shifts. on the other hand they (GU) dont seem like they can handle the press very well, and we barely applied any pressure on there ball handlers. We just just stayed in that 2-3 "with man to man tendencies". I'd rather let a guy like Otto Porter try beat me off the dribble for a shot than to take WIDE open jumpshots.
This post was edited on 2/8 10:09 AM by djhorse85

ADVERTISEMENT