ADVERTISEMENT

DePaul?!?! 0-4?!?

turbo95sir

Mar 8, 2005
To say last night's effort was a HUGE disappointment is about as big of an understatement as you can make. The Johnnies should have blown that team out of the water, but instead are staring at dead last in the Big East. This team does not have it together and I'll again say that blame falls squarely on the coach. Another "brilliant" move by coach as he leaves Hooper and Achuiwa in the game for the final seconds while Sampson and Greene are left on the bench?!! Greene's our best slasher and has a knack for getting to the hoop and drawing contact or hitting the J. And what's up with the last 2 shot selections?!? Sanchez for 3 when we're down 1? yup airball. and then Hooper for 3 again when we're still down 1?!?! WTH?! Some of it is on the players, but this is on the coaches. Once ok, but how are you going to shoot 2 3's at the end of the game when you're only down 1?!?

Agree, Lavin is not a very good coach and is often out coached by other Big East teams with less talent. He's a good recruiter and talks a good game but that's wjhere it end. I had to laugh when one of the anouncers said after Hooper hit a 3 that it was automatic when he is left unguarded. I wish he would have stayed at Harvard. He's terrible. Last night we at least hit 3's and free throws but better caoching wiould have won this game. Our rebounding still is extremely poor.

ADVERTISEMENT