ADVERTISEMENT

Are you kidding me?????

jjassey

Oct 15, 2010
This is ridiculous that another player might not meet academic standards. First Thomas, now Delarosa. Why is it every year, there are problems with these recruits not meeting academic standards or transferring. Leavin can recruit but obviously doesn't pick the right guys to recruit. This whole thing is so shady. I'm tired of having optimism turn into pessimism every year. Hopefully we can get Briscoe in the fold which then will allow other recruits to join, but I'm sure someone will eventually have a problem with academics or transfer for some unknown reason. So frustrating being a fan of this program.

Originally posted by jjassey:
This is ridiculous that another player might not meet academic standards. First Thomas, now Delarosa. Why is it every year, there are problems with these recruits not meeting academic standards or transferring. Leavin can recruit but obviously doesn't pick the right guys to recruit. This whole thing is so shady. I'm tired of having optimism turn into pessimism every year. Hopefully we can get Briscoe in the fold which then will allow other recruits to join, but I'm sure someone will eventually have a problem with academics or transfer for some unknown reason. So frustrating being a fan of this program.
I couldn't agree more.

It's ridiculous! This happens far too often at St. John's now. Lavin just isn't cutting it at St. John's.

Lavin starting last season missed out on every top metro area bluechip recruit, and the couple that he signed were lower rated recruits who didn't qualify. NOT GOOD! and not a good sign.

I think St. John's needs to start looking for a new HC if St. John's has another unsuccessful recruiting class, and poor season on the basketball court. St. John's is really lagging behind now other Big East schools.

Also, I hate to think it, but I think Isaiah Briscoe signs with Kentucky over St. John's when Kentucky wasn't even recruiting him half the amount of time.

Originally posted by buki919:
Lavin starting last season missed out on every top metro area bluechip recruit, and the couple that he signed were lower rated recruits who didn't qualify. NOT GOOD! and not a good sign.

I think St. John's needs to start looking for a new HC if St. John's has another unsuccessful recruiting class, and poor season on the basketball court. St. John's is really lagging behind now other Big East schools.

Also, I hate to think it, but I think Isaiah Briscoe signs with Kentucky over St. John's when Kentucky wasn't even recruiting him half the amount of time.
I told you.

Briscoe to Kentucky.

Lavin better have a great season on the BB court otherwise he needs to go. St. John's recruiting the past 1+ years have been auwful t best.

Why wait that long? The one thing Lavin had going for him was recruiting, and apparently he is no longer efficient at that. Unless the Johnnies make the elite eight, I'd rather not watch Lavin coach another season. Call up Mark Jackson.

ADVERTISEMENT