ADVERTISEMENT

I'm Finished

turbo95sir

Mar 8, 2005
This team was nauseating to watch tonight. first time i have turned it off before the game was over this year. they played without any heart and intelligence tonight. total and complete trash. they have gone backwards since the beginning of the year. this is a team that is filled with seniors, but they act like children. I'm done

Turbo I agree and have been saying it with you all year. Lavin has not developed any of these players. They still play and act like they did when they were freshman. They are not being coached and taught basketball. He never makes adjustments and relays on their athletic ability to bail them out of games. He's worn out his welcome and hasn't done anything with "his" players that he has recruited. The players he gets are hot heads, immature, stupid and don't play as a team. Jordan had so much upside/hype coming to St. John's. Honestly , he hasn't lived up to the hype and it's because he isn't developing. He plays like a senior in high school and makes bone head plays just like the rest of the team. They're lucky if they make the NIT, def not making the big dance. Very disappointing

Yes it was awful. It really hurt them when obekpa got ejected for that elbow. Our lack of depth really shows at that position. This is why I stress the importance of diallo's recruitment.

Yes, depth has always been a problem with lavs. I honesty don't think we have a chance with getting him. I'm praying we do but with the way we've been playing and the teams who's recruiting him, we don't have a chance. We have to clean house with the coaching staff and get a x/O's coach in here who is gonna hammer the tri-state area in recruiting and develop players. Lavin is more like a friend to these guys instead of a coach. Watching them play zero half court defense, play no half court offense, poor foul shooting and idiotic/immature fouls has run it's course. Bring in Danny Hurley!!!!

I agree; ironically I have heard little talk about Coach Lavin being on the hot seat. I think the administration is planning on bringing him back whether we make the big dance or not.

Can't have only 6 guys play double digit minutes for an entire season. The wheels will eventually fall off. DePaul, Seton Hall and Nova will press these guys a lot.

Short benches used to be about getting the best players minutes on the floor, but the modern reality is that is a sign of three things: Poor player development, Mismanagement in recruiting, Lack of trust in talent.

When you use 10 out of 13 allotted scholarships for a given season, that's a problem.

ADVERTISEMENT